Medical Records Assistant - PACEBrandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) $17.00 - $20.00
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provides high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services. We are a program of Los Angeles Jewish Health, renowned for providing quality care to vulnerable seniors.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Under the supervision of the Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) Center Manager maintains medical records in accordance with federal and state guidelines and the established policies and procedures of BCSC.
- Completes process of collecting, scanning, and uploading documents from all BCSC departments into the EMR on a daily basis.
- Develops and maintains procedures that govern BCSC medical records functions.
- Reviews BCSC medical records policies and procedures, at least annually, and makes recommendations to the Medical Records Coordinator.
- Organizes BCSC medical records functions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists the Medical Records Coordinator with orienting BCSC staff to medical records policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries concerning medical records via telephone and e-mail.
- Creates an index of medical records and assembles charts and electronic records.
- In coordination with department supervisors, establishes procedures to assure records are properly completed and signed.
- Ensures confidentiality of medical records and establishes procedures to assure paper medical records do not leave BCSC except as authorized.
- In coordination with the Medical Records Coordinator, creates training schedule for all incoming employees and retraining classes for current employees. Train staff on how to use the electronic medical records system and ensure appropriate staff are given access to medical records.
- Retrieves medical records when requested by authorized personnel and government agencies.
- Maintains record of participant enrollment and disenrollment from BCSC.
- As authorized by a participant or legal representative in a written consent, provides medical records to a receiving healthcare provider upon participant disenrollment from BCSC.
- Collects record of participant admission to and/or discharge from a long-term care facility, hospital or supportive housing.
- Collects and assembles medical records for committee review as requested and prepares reports for staff and committees as directed.
- Word processes and types reports and prepares written correspondence.
- Files active and inactive records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains all medical records per state and federal regulations requirements.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC target for productivity.
- Continually seeks better ways for delivering services and communication with participants.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC customer services targets.
- Demonstrates respect for and promotes participant right including dignity, self-determination, access to care, confidentiality and independence.
- Effectively collaborates with staff peers and contractors to meet BCSC goals and further success.
- Complies with all policy and procedures of BCSC.
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering age-specific care.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC quality assessment and performance improvement targets.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degrees and diplomas: High school diploma. Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Certificates, licenses: Verification of completion of CPR (BLS) and first aid training. Background clearance. TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a health care provider is required for employment.
- Experience: Qualified professional in the field of medical records with demonstrated or potential competence in working with healthcare staff. Three years of experience in the medical records field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skills/Aptitudes: Must be able to word process proficiently, use dictation equipment and have a working knowledge of medical terminology. Ability to work independently and to interact with an Interdisciplinary Team. Good organizational skills. Ability to handle complex interpersonal situations.