Materials Management DirectorMaterials Management $100,000 - $115,000
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Materials Management Director reports to the Chief Financial Officer and responsibilities and duties are but not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall activities of the Purchasing/Central Supply and Materials Management Departments.
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the evaluation, procurement, storage, distribution, and forecasting of all supplies and equipment.
- Establish and maintain policies for purchasing, receiving, warehousing, and supply distribution. Ensure compliance with all policies, applicable laws, and regulations.
- Develop long/short range goals and objectives for the operations and supply chain functions in concert with the facilities and company business strategy(ies).
- Develop standardization of products and equipment. Coordinate the standardization of supplies and equipment within the organization. Work with identified vendors and distributors to develop and implement various inventory controls and distribution and tracking systems.
- Responsible for selection of suppliers giving consideration to quality of service and cost to the organization. Negotiate costs with suppliers that meet budget, deliver the best financial deal, while achieving a sustainable relationship with the supplier and never compromising on quality or patient care. Constantly working with, and challenging, suppliers to search for efficiencies.
- Forecast usage and costing models, as well as supplier auditing to ensure contract compliance. Lead the development and implementation of demand and supply planning processes, tools, and technologies.
- Routinely review purchasing practices to assure that staff are procuring and utilizing appropriate contracts and tiers.
- Assist in planning and budgeting phases of supply and equipment purchases. Provide various cost and usage reports. Create system of supply cost containment and equipment/instrument control.
- Ensure accurate data is reported through interfaces with Finance/GL Accounting.
- Work primarily with procurement, inventory, distribution and department leadership to create a supply chain environment designed to reduce supply and equipment expenditures and improve supply chain efficiencies.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with company-wide initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five+ year’s professional leadership experience in Materials Management/Supply Chain in an acute care health care environment.
- Bachelor’s (BS or BA) degree in business administration, accounting, or related field.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills.
- Must possess the skills to determine appropriate course of action in complex situations.
- Must possess the ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, be complaint with regulations, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Knowledgeable in laws and regulations affecting the materials management/supply chain field, including federal, state and local regulations affecting the healthcare field.
- Must possess excellent communication skills. Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must possess excellent critical thinking skills. Must have a high degree of planning, organization, and detail oriented skills.
- Ability to lead an effective and efficient team. Demonstrated ability to influence and motivate employees to provide excellent service in an efficient and professional manner.