Speech Therapist - Per DiemRehabilitation $47.00 $52.00
The Speech Therapist's responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Screens and evaluates Resident and develops appropriate care plan.
- Under a physician’s direction, provides direct patient / resident treatment based on established plan of care.
- Plans, directs, or conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative efficiency of individuals with communication and / or swallowing or cognitive problems.
- Administers, scores, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Instructs residents, families, and caregivers to monitor speech and provide ways to practice new skills.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
Experience and Skills:
- Master of Science degree in Speech Language Pathology.
- Licensed in Speech Language Pathology if required by state law.
- Certification in clinical competency.
- One year of clinical experience preferred.
May supervise Rehab Aides, and others involved in program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.