Social Worker Inpatient - Acute Geriatric Psychiatry UnitInpatient Psychiatric Hospital $28.00 - $32.00
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Social Worker’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Assessment / Reassessment: Assists in the completion of an initial psycho-social chemical dependency assessment (when appropriate) within 72 hours of admission of patients with input from the patient and patient’s authorized representative. Documents Individual and Group interventions daily in the attendance record. Completes progress notes including psycho-social evaluation weekly or more often as needed.
• Documentation: Writes progress note on admission, weekly, upon discharge and as needed with new concerns, significant change of behaviors, response to interventions and when new interventions are needed as well as discharge plans. Completes daily documentation of individual and group interventions as directed.
• Discharge Planning / Utilization Review: Initiates discharge planning on admission and coordinates the discharge process with the patient / patient’s authorized representatives and other resources. Assists the patient select an appropriate discharge placement.
• Treatment planning: Assures that treatment plans include appropriate social service interventions within 72 hours of admission and are updated with each change of condition, change in behaviors and at least weekly. Assures that the patient / patient’s authorized representatives are involved in development of the treatment plan and sign the treatment plan to acknowledge agreement with the treatment plan.
• Provides discharge planning and documents medical necessity.
• Assists patient and patient’s authorized representative select an appropriate after care placement when needed.
• Assist with therapeutic activities.
• Manages unit case load in an efficient manner and coordinates responsibilities with L.C.S.W.
• Participates in development, review, revision and implementation of policies and procedures for the Acute Psychiatric Unit as needed.
• Conducts regular unit rounds with LCSW and other IDT members as appropriate to identify care and environmental issues and implement corrections as appropriate.
• Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement: Actively participates in the Acute Psychiatric Unit QA & PI program. Reviews indicators for social service on a pre-assigned basis, makes any necessary corrections and makes recommendations for improvement to the QA and PI Committee at least quarterly.
• Assists with transfer to other acute psychiatric facilities providing involuntary care when needed.
• Assures security of environment to prevent exit of patients attempting to elope. Implements the facility procedure for elopement if any patient leaves the facility without permission.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Masters Degree in Social Work with acute inpatient geriatric psychiatry experience preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of hospital experience required.
- Strong preference for previous inpatient psychiatric hospital experience.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 90 days of hire.
- Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB) competency within 90 days of hire.