Social Worker - BCSCSocial Services $28.00 - $32.00
We are currently seeking a full-time Social Worker to join Brandman Centers for Senior Care, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). This program is designed to help older adults with complex medical needs so they can remain as independent as possible for as long as possible. We accomplish this by coordinating multidisciplinary services so qualified seniors get all of their healthcare needs taken care of in one place. BCSC was awarded the 2021 National Association of Social Workers – California Chapter’s Organization of the Year award in recognition of our work during the first year of the pandemic.
This position is located on the Grancell Village campus of Los Angeles Jewish Health, in Reseda. LAJHealth has an over 100-year history of caring for older adults through a variety of programs.
A BCSC social worker can expect to work fairly independently within a supportive team environment. A commitment to providing top-quality care for vulnerable older adults is a must. A social worker’s hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This position is on-site, with no remote work options. Social workers are expected to complete home visits when needed, and must have a way of transporting themselves to these visits; however, most work is performed at the Center. BCSC is supportive of the growth and continued education of our social workers. This position is eligible for employer-sponsored health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, and other benefits.
A BCSC Social Worker is expected to …
- Provide a range of direct social work services to BCSC participants, including psychosocial assessments, case management, and mental health services. Provide advocacy for participants and their families.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team including doctors, nurses, physical/occupational/speech therapists, dietitians, activities personnel, and transportation personnel, among others. Offer discipline-specific knowledge and perspective to the team’s efforts to provide the best care possible.
- Play a role in BCSC’s Behavioral Health Program by providing education on mental health and other social service matters, utilizing a variety of methods. Social workers with the appropriate credentials (LCSW or ACSW engaged in clinical supervision) may do therapy with individuals, groups, and/or families.
- Demonstrate proficiency in delivering age-specific care, as well as culturally appropriate care with our diverse population.
- Exhibit a solid foundation of knowledge and good judgment on legal and ethical matters related to the practice of social work.
- Perform visits to participants’ homes and outside facilities as needed.
- Maintain current, clear, and accurate documentation in each participant’s medical record.
- Provide feedback on how BCSC can evolve and improve in order to provide the best service possible to our participants.
- Master’s degree from a Council on Social Work Education-accredited School of Social Work.
- Valid California driver’s license with a good driving record.
- TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a health care provider is required for employment.
- Two years of social work experience, preferably in health care, and minimum one-year experience working with a frail/elderly population. Age-specific competency in working with the elderly. Internships considered towards experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of social work principles and practices, including case management and counseling techniques. Working knowledge of community services for the elderly and their families.