Security Guard (Part Time - Thursday and Sunday)Security $19.50 - $20.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Security Guard’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Able to work varies hours and days. Will cover for full time staff.
- Performing security patrols on foot.
- Open and close rail gates only after approval is received from post management personnel, if available.
- Complete train and/or vessel arrival and departure reports.
- Check perimeter fencing to ensure that it meets all criteria listed in the post security plan.
- Check all facility doors and gates to ensure they are secure and pose no security or safety threat. Direct traffic in all areas as directed. Investigate and document all perimeter alarms.
- Open and close doors as needed. Relieve other guards as needed.
- Complete daily activity log, noting areas of concern and incidents that occur.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valet parking.
- Possible graveyard hours.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Security or Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public, understand and follow standard operating procedures, perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedure.
- Able to be flexible with schedule.