Licensed Vocational Nurse (7am - 3pm - Full Time - GV)Nursing - Grancell Village $30.00 - $31.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The L.V.N. Charge Nurse’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
- Chart nurses’ notes and care plans in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Medication administration pass is completed and documented timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Flexible to work any shift
Experience and Skills:
- Licensed as VN through California Board of Vocational Nursing.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a rehab setting.
- Strong clinical and documentation skills.
- Strong communication, supervision skills and a team player