RCFE - Licensed Vocational Nurse (7am - 3pm - Full Time)Nursing
Come join a 5-STAR rated HOME Team!!!
Located at the intersection of Victory Boulevard and Wilbur in Reseda, Eisenberg Village is home of more than 430 skilled nursing and assisted living residents.
Today, the Jewish Home serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services. The Home offers competitive wages and excellent benefits.
The L.V.N.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, nursing policies and procedures and guidelines that govern JHA.
- Meet with assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities (shift report), and inform them of resident care plan.
- Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Make daily rounds of unit/shift to ensure that nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Nurse Supervisor. Develop work assignments for CNA’s on shift. Meet with shift’s nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or to improve services.
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
- Chart nurses’ notes and care plans in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Medication administration pass is completed and documented timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a rehab setting.
- Strong clinical and documentation skills.
- Strong communication, supervision skills and a team player.
- Licensed as VN through California Board of Vocational Nursing.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Flexible to work all shifts.