Licensed Vocational Nurse (7am - 3pm) - RCFENursing - RCFE $30.00 - $31.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The L.V.N.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants in accordance with current rules, regulations, nursing policies and procedures, and guidelines that govern JHA.
- Meet with assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in planning the shifts’ services, programs, and activities (shift report), and inform them of the resident care plan.
- Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in and ending shift duty hours.
- Ensure that all nursing service personnel are in compliance with their respective job descriptions.
- Make daily rounds of unit/shift to ensure that nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report problem areas to the Nurse Supervisor. Develop work assignments for CNAs on shift. Meet with shift’s nursing personnel, on a regularly scheduled basis, to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or to improve services.
- Complete and file required record-keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
- Chart nurses’ notes and care plans in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Medication administration pass is completed and documented timely, accurately, and in accordance with established policies.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in a rehab setting.
- Strong clinical and documentation skills.
- Strong communication, and supervision skills and a team player.
- Licensed as VN through the California Board of Vocational Nursing.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening, and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Flexible to work all shifts.