Personal Care Attendant / CNA - PACEBrandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) $20.00 - $21.50
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provides high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services. We are a program of Los Angeles Jewish Health, renowned for providing quality care to vulnerable seniors.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Under the supervision of the Center Coordinator, provides personal care services to Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) participants in the PACE Center and during transit to medical appointments according to departmental, para-professional and regulatory standards of care.
- Assists participants with bathing, grooming, toileting and feeding while in the PACE Center.
- Accompanies participants to medical appointments and trips to and from the center as needed.
- Assists with translations services to other departments as needed.
- Routinely monitors vital signs such as weight, blood pressure and pulse as ordered by the clinic.
- Maintains personal care supplies for BCSC such as incontinence supplies, linen, and personal grooming items.
- Provides laundry service in the PACE Center as agreed upon by IDT.
- In coordination with the rehabilitation department, lead Transitional exercise programs
- In coordination with the activities department, assist with leading activities and the walking group.
- Assists and monitor participants who need supervision while smoking at the center.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary environment in the PACE Center at all times.
- Provides needed assistance for participants during meals as identified per IDT.
- Provides nutritional supplements to participants at the day center as ordered by the Primary Care Physician and/or directed by the Dietitian.
- Works with the Dietitian to assure that participants are served diet-appropriate meals.
- Assists in the monitoring of food and fluid intake for specific participants per the participant’s Plan of Care
- Assists in the monitoring of participant physical and chemical restraints per the participant’s Plan of Care.
- Assists with ensuring portable meals are sent home with participants as approved by IDT.
- Assists participants upon arrival in the PACE Center and helps participants to prepare for departure when leaving.
- Immediately reports any observed changes in a participant’s behavior, health or mobility to the Center Coordinator and Nurse.
- Participates on the Interdisciplinary Team as required and communicates effectively with participants, family members, caregivers, staff and visitors in the PACE Center.
- Monitors safety, infection and exposure control, is prepared in case of emergency, and attends to good body mechanics.
- Completes documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complies with safety policies and procedures, identifying and immediately reporting any potential or actual unsafe acts or conditions to the Center Coordinator and/or Center Manger. Takes necessary measures to ensure a safety environment for oneself, co-workers, contractors, participants, visitors and others.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC targets for productivity.
- Continually seeks better ways for delivering services and communicating with participants.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC customer services targets.
- Demonstrates respect for and promotes participant rights, including dignity, self-determination, access to care, confidentiality and independence.
- Understands the importance of community involvement and participates as appropriate in activities that link BCSC to its communities,
- Effectively collaborates with staff peers and contractors to meet BCSC goals and further success.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of BCSC.
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering age-specific care.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC quality assessment and performance improvement targets.
Education and Experience
- Degrees and diplomas: High school diploma or GED.
- Certificates, licenses: Certified Nurse Assistant. Verification of completion of CPR (BLS) and first aid training. Valid California driver’s license with good driving record. TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a hospital-designated nurse practitioner or physician is required for employment.
- Experience: At least one year of experience as a home aide or personal care attendant. At least one year working with the frail or elderly.
- Skills/Aptitudes: Ability to provide care for the frail elderly. Teamwork and problem-solving skills.