Located at the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Sherman Way in Reseda, Grancell Village is home to over 350 seniors, who are receiving skilled nursing, geriatric psychiatry, and short-term rehabilitation care. It is also the site of the Jewish Home's Brandman Centers for Senior Care.
Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Medical Center
The Jewish Home's state-of-the-art skilled nursing center has up to 239 residents. Situated within JEKMC are the Home's Brandman Research Institute and Auerbach Geriatric Psychiatry Unit.
The L.V.N.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
- Chart nurses’ notes and care plans in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Medication administration pass is completed and documented timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
Experience and Skills:
- Licensed as VN through California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a rehab setting.
- Strong clinical and documentation skills.
- Strong communication, supervision skills and a team player