Cash Management AccountantFiscal $65,000 - $80,000
Los Angeles Jewish Health is currently seeking a Cash Management Accountant to join our team. As a key individual contributor and trusted team member, this person will focus on monitoring daily cash activities, reconciling bank accounts, and investigating cash posting activities.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
- Monitor cash activity daily utilizing bank cash management program and internal reports. Prepare daily cash activity reports summarizing cash activity for all bank accounts. Prepare daily reports for the CFO and respond to questions from the CFO and controller.
- Prepare daily cash deposits. Initiate line of credit activity and authorized wires as requested by management.
- Perform month-end bank reconciliation for multiple accounts with high levels of activity.
- Analyze general ledger accounts for cash receipts and other general ledger accounts as needed to resolve reconciliation discrepancies. Verify that corrections are made by the appropriate department (A/R billing, fund development, etc.).
- Prepare journal entries for cash activity and other general ledger accounts.
- Monitor resident trust bank activity. Coordinate with bankers and administrators to ensure that bank reconciliations are prepared in accordance with licensing agency’s requirements.
- Prepare accounting schedules for other general accounts and prepare analysis as needed to support the finance team, including variance analysis.
- Special projects as required by the controller and CFO.
- Interact frequently with bankers and clearly communicate banking transactions.
- Cross-train and serve as a back-up for other accounting areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Self-motivated, organized and deadline oriented.
- Must be flexible and able to work in a team oriented environment with many internal customers.
- Must be a critical thinker, detail oriented and able to solve problems.
- Advanced computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables and other Excel data tools
- Experience with Oracle Cloud / Fusion is a plus, though not required.
- Effective communicator and able to interact with employees with a wide range of operating styles.