Security Guard (12-hour shifts)Security
Fountainview, the Jewish Home’s new continuing care retirement community for independent seniors is a major new addition of upscale housing and services for the community. Flexibility is built into every aspect of the beautiful complex, providing residents with the option to personalize their interiors and decor, from carpeting and cabinetry to tile and flooring. An immense variety of personal services and amenities will also allow residents to create the pace and particulars of their lifestyle.
108 private apartments offer residents easy access to events on and off campus. Residents at Fountainview also enjoy the security of knowing that, should assisted living be required, they have complete access to the continuum of world-renowned services at the Jewish Home.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
The Security Guard’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Able to work varied hours and days.
- Make patrols on foot, valet vehicles, respond to emergencies, and make 911 calls.
- Open and close rail gates only after approval is received from post management personnel, if available.
- Complete train and/or vessel arrival and departure reports.
- Check perimeter fencing to ensure that it meets all criteria listed in the post security plan.
- Check all facility doors and gates to ensure they are secure and pose no security or safety threat. Direct traffic in all areas as directed. Investigate and document all perimeter alarms.
- Open and close doors as needed. Relieve other guards as needed.
- Complete daily activity log, noting areas of concern and incidents that occur.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Security or Law Enforcement experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and the public, understand and follow standard operating procedures, perform duties in a professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to make independent and good judgment decisions within proper policy and procedure.
- Ability to be flexible with schedule.