RN Supervisor - Full Time 11pm - 7am - Night Shift DifferentialNursing $46.00 - $49.00
Established in 1912 as a haven for elderly immigrants, the Los Angeles Jewish Health has grown to become a leading provider leader of senior care in Los Angeles. Today, the LAJHealth serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
The R.N. Supervisor’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of performing the assigned duties of the RN Supervisor.
- Review daily assignment schedule to assure each individual staff member and position listed is on duty, assigned to appropriate work assignments and scheduled duty hours, as well as the supervisory staff assigned for each tour of duty; review all call-ins for shift and succeeding shifts. Replace absent personnel if possible by off-duty staff first, then present on-duty staff.
- Complete shift management rounds to observe staff in the performance of their duties to determine if Resident’s nursing care, therapy, safety and shelter needs are being met in a manner consistent with facility policy and regulatory intent.
- Medications, treatments, therapy services and diets administered as ordered, in a proper and appropriate professional manner, with adequate, accurate and timely documentation.
- Receive report from RN Supervisor or individual Charge Nurses on the prior shift, concerning all changes of condition, new resident, discharging residents, call out to physicians, x-rays needed, etc.
- Handle all incoming calls from physicians regarding all aspects of resident care needs.
- Monitor, coach and discipline the individual nursing staff as appropriate for failures to adequately, accurately and timely document care or services provided. Report any performance problems to the DON.
- Perform administrative duties, as assigned by DON, such as completing medical forms, Medi-Cal Treatment Authorization Requests (TAR’s), PASARR, data gathering for reports, studies, charting, as required for appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of own department, responding to co-workers with concern and cooperation.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing service, and other department supervisors.
- Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to adequately plan for social services/activities.
Experience and Skills:
- Must possess a current active license to practice as registered nurse (RN) in the State of California.
- Preferred experience: one (1) year as a supervisor in a long-term care facility or two (2) years as a Charge Nurse in a skilled nursing facility or hospital.
- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly in the English language.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.