RN Supervisor (7am - 3pm Shift) (J.E.K.M.C.)Nursing $46.00 - $49.00
Located at the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Sherman Way in Reseda, Grancell Village is home to over 350 seniors, who are receiving skilled nursing, geriatric psychiatry, and short-term rehabilitation care. It is also the site of the Jewish Home's Brandman Centers for Senior Care.
Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Medical Center
The Jewish Home's state-of-the-art skilled nursing center, with up to 239 residents. Situated within JEKMC are the Home's Brandman Research Institute and Auerbach Geriatric Psychiatry Unit.
The RN Supervisor’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of performing the assigned duties of the RN Supervisor.
- Review daily assignment schedule to assure each individual staff member and position listed is on duty, assigned to appropriate work assignments and scheduled duty hours, as well as the supervisory staff assigned for each tour of duty; review all call-ins for shift and succeeding shifts. Replace absent personnel if possible by off-duty staff first, then present on-duty staff.
- Complete shift management rounds to observe staff in the performance of their duties to determine if Resident’s nursing care, therapy, safety and shelter needs are being met in a manner consistent with facility policy and regulatory intent.
- Medications, treatments, therapy services and diets administered as ordered, in a proper and appropriate professional manner, with adequate, accurate and timely documentation.
- Receive report from RN Supervisor or individual Charge Nurses on the prior shift, concerning all changes of condition, new resident, discharging residents, call out to physicians, x-rays needed, etc.
- Handle all incoming calls from physicians regarding all aspects of resident care needs.
- Monitor, coach and discipline the individual nursing staff as appropriate for failures to adequately, accurately and timely document care or services provided. Report any performance problems to the DNS.
- Perform administrative duties, as assigned by DNS, such as completing medical forms, Medi-Cal Treatment Authorization Requests (TAR’s), PASARR, data gathering for reports, studies, charting, as required for appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all members of own department, responding to co-workers with concern and cooperation.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing service, and other department supervisors.
- Maintains a liaison with other department supervisors to adequately plan for social services/activities.
- Able to work 11pm – 7am shift.
Experience and Skills:
- Must possess a current active license to practice as registered nurse (RN) in the State of California.
- Preferred experience: one (1) year as a supervisor in a long-term care facility or two (2) years as a Charge Nurse in a skilled nursing facility or hospital.
- Must be able to read, write and speak clearly in the English language.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.