Registered Nurse - Part Time 7am - 7pmInpatient Psychiatric Hospital $50.00 - DOE
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The AGPU RN’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- As assigned, assume the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability of performing the role and responsibilities of the RN Charge Nurse.
- Review daily assignment schedule to assure each individual staff member and position listed is on duty, assigned to appropriate work assignments and scheduled duty hours, as well as the supervisory staff assigned for each shift review all call-ins for shift and succeeding shifts. Replace absent personnel per department’s staffing policy.
- Completes M.A.B. certification class on hire and annually.
- Assures that a comprehensive assessment, including but not limited to suicidal ideation and homicidal ideation, is completed upon admission, every 12-hours, and with any change of behaviors.
- Assures that documentation is complete in the medical record, including but not limited to: shift charting, patient/family teaching, individual and group attendances, MD orders noted
- Communicates with covering provider and staff regarding changes in condition, problems or clinical concerns regarding patient care. Shares necessary information with unit staff.
- Involves patient in identifying and effectively utilizing coping skills to help the patient maintain safety and improve overall mental, physical well-being.
- Receive report from RNs on the prior shift, including but not limited to changes of condition, scheduled discharges, pending intakes, pending laboratory orders, safety concerns.
- Audit and monitor all patients, for reactions to treatment by the patient and appropriate documentation reflecting patient’s condition.
- Initiate the Patient Care Plans for all assigned patients. Each shift and as warranted by changes in the patient’s condition, assure that all care plans are current and reflect patient individualized needs and goals.
- Observe nursing and therapy service personnel to assure established safety procedures are followed in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary to assure the needs of the organization and patients are met.
- Able to work 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. shift.
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility and its premises.
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions/circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, and visitors.
- Works beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post disaster, etc.).
- May be involved in community/civic health matters/projects.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs, unit-specific trainings, and staff meetings
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the workday, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Communicates and collaborates with the medical staff, nursing personnel, department supervisors, and other members of the patient treatment team
- Maintains a liaison with the residents, their families, support personnel, etc., to ensure that the resident’s needs are continually met.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination (pre-employment and annually).
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of patients/residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to interact with personnel, patients/residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public in a professional manner.
- Must have the ability, as well as the willingness, to provide therapeutic care to all patients/residents.
- Must be able to clearly communicate, verbal and written, information concerning a patient/resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Education and Experience:
- Must possess a current license to practice as registered nurse (RN) within the State of California.
- Must have, as a minimum, six (6) months experience as a registered nurse (RN) in an acute care medical-surgical or psychiatric facility. Experience must be recent, within the last 12-months.
- Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience in psychiatric care is preferred.
- Basic Life Support certificate (BLS) required.
- Assaultive Behavior training, Management of Assaultive Behavior (MAB), and certification required within three (3) months of hire Los Angeles County LPS Authorization within nine (9) months of hire.