Quality and Compliance Coordinator - PACEBrandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) $25.00 - $30.00
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provides high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services. We are a program of Los Angeles Jewish Health, renowned for providing quality care to vulnerable seniors.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Under the direction of the Director of Quality & Compliance, the Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) Quality & Compliance Coordinator assists to implement and evaluate all activities of the Quality Improvement (QI) Program and staff required education.
- In collaboration with Director of Quality & Compliance, maintains communication with CMS
- Compiles and reports quality data in HPMS/CMS system.
- Assists with the aggregation and analysis of information on indicators of participant risk and the care process as part of the BCSC Annual Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QI) Program. Provides monthly reports to the Director of Quality and Compliance.
- Reviews electronic medical records utilizing approved criteria.
- Assists Program Director and Director of Quality & Compliance in identifying trends and developing corrective action/improvement plans.
- Assists in coordination of case reviews and quality improvement processes for PACE Program.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the organization’s QI Work Plan including the annual QI Plan review and revision.
- Prepares documents for QI Committee and related Sub-Committees for review
- Assists in coordination of quarterly QI and QA monthly meetings, and subcommittee meetings.
- Prepares and is responsible for minutes of quarterly QI meetings.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and information that pertain to the QI Program
- Conducts Family Satisfaction Surveys annually, aggregates, analyzes the results as part of the BCSC QI Program, and provides reports to the BCSC Management Team, QI Committee and Participant Advisory Committee.
- In coordination with the Director of Quality and Compliance, serves as a resource to staff regarding compliance of all applicable HIPAA and PACE regulations.
- Aids Program Directors with the organization’s regulatory compliance including audits and surveys.
- Assists in preparation of audits and surveys
- Supports the timely review, revision, and approval of organization policies and procedures
- Assists in processing and evaluating participant grievances and appeals
- Tracks in-service and required learning for PACE staff.
- Reports, collects, analyzes, and disseminates data involving participants served, prospective enrollees, participant and caregiver satisfaction surveys, disenrollment’s and reviews of participant records.
- Coordinates quality assurance activities related to new enrollees, and voluntary and involuntary dis-enrollment.
- Acts as BCSC Safety Officer
- Complies with safety policies and procedures, identifying and immediately reporting any potential or actual unsafe acts or conditions to the Center Manager. Takes necessary measures to ensure a safe environment for oneself, coworkers, contractors and participants, visitors and others.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC targets for productivity.
- Continually seeks better ways for delivering services and communicating with participants.
- Continually updates professional knowledge of best practices, commonly used outcome measurements and benchmarks through literature, online learning and national/state organizations, applying knowledge to the organization’s Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement process.
- Consistently meets or exceeds BCSC customer services targets.
- Demonstrates respect for and promotes participants’ rights including dignity, self-determination, access to care, confidentiality, and independence.
- Understands the importance of community involvement and participates as appropriate in activities that link BCSC to its communities.
- Effectively collaborates with staff, peers, and contractors to meet BCSC goals and further success.
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering age-specific care.
- Complies with all policies and procedures of BCSC.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Degree and diplomas: Bachelor’s Degree in any field or equivalent experience.
- Certificates, Licenses: Verification of completion of CPR (BLS) and first aid training. Valid California driver’s license with good driving record. TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a hospital-designated nurse practitioner or physician is required for employment.
- Experience: Minimum of one year in the Quality Improvement area. Professional experience administrating, aggregating and analyzing data and survey results.
Skills/Aptitudes: Effective communication skills, both written and verbal. Computer literacy, especially with Microsoft Office products such as Excel & Power Point. Accuracy, attention to detail and consistent follow through. Willingness to work with an Interdisciplinary Team. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with professionals at all levels of the organization. Sensitivity to the health beliefs and needs of a multi-ethnic aged population. Age specific competency in working with the elderly. Outstanding organization and analytic skills including data collection, survey administration and reporting. Outstanding report writing skills