Physical Therapist - Fountainview Gonda (Full Time)Rehabilitation
Fountainview at Gonda Westside is a luxury 199 unit senior living CCRC in Playa Vista, CA. Come be a part of a fast growing outpatient program in a luxury building in beautiful Playa Vista, CA. Serenity Essential Therapy (SET) is looking for a Physical Therapist to join our caring and compassionate team. We are a collaborative team of therapists who can help grow your skills while challenging you to build knowledge and expertise. Specialty experience with neurology or vestibular therapy preferred but not required. Our clinic has plenty of areas of focus including gait, balance, vestibular, ortho and neurologic conditions.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
The Physical Therapist’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
Under a physician’s order, performs the following within scope of practice and federal guidelines:
- Evaluates, plans and administers treatment to patients with problems related to neuromuscular and musculoskeletal systems. •Administers and interprets tests and measurements for muscle strength, coordination, range of motion, and respiratory and circulatory efficiency.
- Provides direct resident treatment in accordance with an established plan of care.
- Instructs patients, families, and caregivers in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches and other devices.
- Maintains patient records.
- Devises special tools and treatment for the specific needs of patients.
- Conducts home assessments as appropriate to ensure discharge of residents to a safe environment.
- Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- One(1) year of clinical experience preferred but will consider new graduates or those new to outpatient therapy.
- Current license to practice Physical Therapy issued by State’s Board of Allied Health Professionals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES May provide onsite supervision to Physical Therapist Assistants, Rehab Aides, and provisional physical therapists per state practice guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients typically weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable, law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.