Philanthropy CoordinatorFund Development $45,000 - $50,000
With more than 100 years of trusted care for seniors, Los Angeles Jewish Health provides a broad spectrum of best-in-class senior healthcare services while delivering excellence in senior care for all, rooted in Jewish values.
As the largest single-source senior housing provider in Los Angeles, our San Fernando Valley and Playa Vista campuses are home to more than 1,000 women and men. We serve more than 4,000 seniors through our comprehensive healthcare programs and provide independent living options for those who want the reassurance that help is there if they need it- from adult day care activities to residential living to short-term or long-term care.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Key activities include:
- Responsible for planning and implementing programs and meetings for two support groups: The Executives and The Associates. Meetings and programs are for members, donors and the community.
- Staff support for special events and programs. Key activities include assisting with overall event logistics, identifying and scheduling speakers; assisting with developing materials to market and promote events; providing general support and managing attendance and participation.
- Assisting with meeting preparation and follow-up. Handling logistics for meetings, including Board Meetings, Networking Luncheons, Breakfasts, Committee meetings and other meetings.
- Handling logistics for The Executives events include: Circle of Life dinner (gala), Golf Tournament, Poker Tournament, Special events and programs, including some donor recognition and stewardship events and programs.
- Support responsibilities for The Associates events include: Tree of Life Luncheon (gala), Play Day(s), Author Events, Tiffany Society events, special events and programs, including some donor recognition and stewardship events and programs.
- Managing donor listings and donor information in Raiser's Edge.
- Communicating with residents, donors and Board members; general office management. Processing stewardship and acknowledgement letter; preparing and sending personalized correspondence, handling tribute donations and cards.
- Coordinating campus tours.
- Provide administrative support to The Manager, The Executives; Director of Development, Jewish Home Foundation, The Manager, The Associates, and other administrative support, as needed.
- Serve as an integral part of the Home's dynamic philanthropic efforts. Participate in department meetings and assist with major events and programs.
- Other projects, as assigned.
Skills Experience Required/Preferred:
1. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
2. Creative self-starter with background in non-profit work preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
4. Knowledge of donor database management software preferred.
5. Graphics or Photoshop knowledge.
6. Web/Social Media Skills.