Personal Care Attendant (P.C.A.)Brandman Centers for Senior Care/PACE
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Personal Care Attendant (C.N.A) to join Brandman Centers for Senior Care, a Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE).
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provides high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services. We are a program of the Los Angeles Jewish Home, renowned for providing quality care to vulnerable seniors. The Jewish Home has an over 100-year history of caring for older adults through a variety of programs.
We put the well-being of seniors first, promoting independence in the comfort of their own homes, even when their health challenges make them eligible for nursing home care. Services for each individual are based on recommendations and coordination of the Interdisciplinary Team. BCSC offers primary medical care on-site, preventive health services, rehabilitation, and transportation to and from the Center.
Following a thorough assessment, each participant in PACE receives customized care, as recommended by an Interdisciplinary Team very familiar with the individual. When a higher level of care is required, such as home healthcare or nursing home care, the Interdisciplinary Team will approve and arrange for this.
The P.C.A.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Under the supervision of the Center Coordinator, provides personal care services to Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) participants in the PACE Center and during transit to medical appointments according to departmental, para-professional and regulatory standards of care.
- Assists participants with bathing, grooming, toileting and feeding while in the PACE Center.
- Accompanies participants to medical appointments and trips to and from the PACE Center.
- Assists with translation services to other departments as needed.
- Routinely monitors vital signs such as weight, blood pressure and pulse as ordered by the clinic.
- Helps keeping participants engaged in activities throughout the day.
Experience and Skills:
- Currently licensed as a Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) in the state of CA.
- At least one year of experience as a home aide or personal care attendant.
- At least one year of experience with the frail or elderly.
- Ability to provide care for the frail elderly.
- Teamwork and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal interactions that result in team building.
- Exhibits the ability to complete duties within an agreed upon time frame and to adjust personal schedule if required.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.