Executive Sous ChefDietary - Fountainview at Gonda Westside $75,000 - $85,000
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Fountainview at Gonda Westside is a luxury 199 unit senior living CCRC in Playa Vista, CA.
- Provide assistance to executive chef in all ramifications of the operation including front of the house.
- Oversee kitchen operations, which must be done in accordance with the organization’s standards
- Oversee servers, hosts and bussers to make sure things are done in an accurate way, in accordance to the culinary directors and the homes vision.
- Update the work schedule to be assigned to each cook, sous chef, set forth by budget numbers
- Ensure junior chefs adhere strictly to recipe review program of the organization
- Apply on daily basis the Culinary Check List designed by the facility to ensure all kosher standards are upheld to the highest regard.
- Attach recipe review and culinary check list to culinary package for management reviews
- Properly monitor cooks’ working hours, note those who are punctual and those who are not, ensure clock ins and outs are approved and recorded.
- Ensure proper storage of fresh products and other food items
- Supervise junior chefs, relying on knowledge acquired over the years and in line with policies of the organization
- Provide the all-important training to newly recruited cooks and take note of how they progress
- Maintain consistency and quality in food taste in line with photos and recipes made available by the organization’s management
- Carry out consistent check up of coolers to ensure unexpected shortage is avoided
- Closely monitor process of food preparation
- Make use of special form provided by management to record all food leftover
- Provide food requisitions daily to the provision office to ensure adequate provisions are made for next day’s cooking
- High School degree or its equivalent
- Graduate courses in cooking and safety information
- Minimum of 10 years working experience as a chef, and or front of the house manager
- Readiness to discipline any under-performing kitchen and wait staff
- Ability to provide consistent food and service quality