Medication Technician - per diemNursing $20.00 - $21.50
Fountainview, the LAJHealth’s new continuing care retirement community for independent seniors is a major new addition of upscale housing and services for the community.
Flexibility is built into every aspect of the beautiful new complex, providing residents with the option to personalize their interiors and decor, from carpeting and cabinetry to tile and flooring. An immense variety of personal services and amenities will also allow residents to create the pace and particulars of their lifestyle.
108 new private apartments offer residents easy access to events on and off campus. Residents at Fountainview also enjoy the security of knowing that, should assisted living be required, they have complete access to the continuum of world-renowned services at the Jewish Home.
The Med. Tech.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Accurately and safely prepare, administer, and document the oral and/or topical medications that are commonly used in this facility and that may be ordered for residents use by the attending physician.
- Follow the labeling policies and practices of the facility.
- Ensure that all medications administered are properly labeled.
- Assist with all medications charting as directed by the Director of Health Services.
- Accurately measure, record, and report the vital signs of residents.
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as directed. Document any instance where prescribed medication is not administered, including reason(s) for refusal.
- Assist residents with all applicable ADL’s, grooming, light housekeeping including laundry and toileting. Showers and baths as assigned. At times will assist with the application of elastic stockings, slings or support garments.
- Assist residents in preparing for medical test activities and social programs. Assists in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary.
- Observe and report the following: presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns, all injuries including those of an unknown source, including skin tears. Inform the Director of Health Services or Wellness Coordinator of any changes in the resident's condition.
- Watch for and report any change in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, or safety issues.
Experience and Skills:
- Medication Technician Certificate
- Previous experience in Long Term Care preferred.
- Skilled Nursing Facility experience and with residents suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia, a plus.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Flexible with working hours. Able to work various shifts.