LVN Home Care/ClinicBrandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) $30.00 - $32.00
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
- Understands the scope of practice and responsibilities of a Clinic LVN at BCSC.
- Provides health education to participants and their families to support the participant care plan.
- Teaches participants and/or caregivers about a medication’s purpose, proper administration and side effects.
- Processes/implements all medication orders according to BCSC policy and procedures.
- Administers all medications using the 5 rights: participant, medication, dosage, time route and frequency.
- Communicates all medication orders to appropriate staff.
- Administers and distributes all medications appropriately. Monitors continuously the participant’s response to medication. Reports adverse effects to Clinic RN and/or PCP.
- Monitors the participant’s ability to self-administer medications.
- Maintains adequate supply of OTC medications in the Clinic.
- Maintains controlled medications per established BCSC policy and procedures.
- Documents efficacy of PRN medications when administered in PACE Center.
- Orders medical and medication supplies.
- Coordinates with Home Care RN/MA & Transportation Coordinator regarding medication delivery, lab work, and special requests.
- Performs procedures according to established nursing procedures,including but not limited to:
- Administration of injectable medications
- Checking vital signs, pulse oximeter
- Chest PT & postural drainage
- Catheterization and catheter care
- Bladder irrigation
- Cold compress (hot compress by PT)
- Eye/ear care
- Reading PPD results
- Safe handling sharps and/or hazardous waste
- Ted hose stockings
- Wound care
- Provides clear, concise and thorough documentation (including Clinic involvement and changes/needs of participants) in a timely manner.
- Communicates changes in nursing care plan at team meeting and to home care.
- Observes and reports all possible suspected cases of participant abuse to Social Worker and Center Manager.
- Consults with and educates participants, family members and caregivers regarding disease process, self-care, prevention and medical interventions.
- Participates in educational workshops, committee/task force meetings of interest to foster professional growth.
Experience and Skills:
- Degree and Diplomas: Graduated from a school of nursing.
- Certificates, Licenses: Licensed as a Vocational Nurse in the State of California. Verification of completion of CPR (BLS) and first aid certification bi-annually. Valid California driver’s license. TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a health care provider is required for employment.
- Experience: One year nursing experience and a minimum of one year of experience working with a frail elderly population.
- Experience in working in a senior living community, Hospital or Skilled Nursing Facility is preferred.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved LPN/LVN program. At least one year LVN.
- Ability to coordinate multiple details and provide appropriate, accurate information.
- Ability to work with seniors, family members, and advisors.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action. At least one year with the frail or elderly. Home Visit experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish Preferred.