Lifestyle and Enrichment AssistantActivities $17.50 - $18.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Lifestyle and Enrichment Assistant’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
* Assists the Director with planning, logistics and implementation of all Member programs.
* Assists in planning and maintaining daily calendars for the members in both Independent Living & Memory Care.
* Must be willing and comfortable working in an environment with people with dementia related disease (memory care).
* Communicates & assists with outside vendors on specific programing within the community.
* Assists with daily program / activity management, to include room set-up, binder set-up, organizing equipment - as applicable.
* Assists as needed with transportation of medical and social events in community vehicle.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Has a cooperative spirit working with Members, staff and family members
* Actively participates as a member of a team and committed to working toward team goals.
* Maintains extremely high standards of customer service.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Experience and Skills:
* Experience in event planning and or senior living preferred.
* Must be able to move tables and chairs for various programs and events.
* Ability to work with members, family members, and staff members.
* Ability to communicate information verbally, via email and or voicemail within the organization and the community members.
* Ability to operate a company computer for creating signup sheets, movie flyers & event and program spreadsheets.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be comfortable driving, have a valid driver license, clear driving record, and current auto insurance.
* Must have high level of customer service and organizational skills.
* Maintain a high degree of composure and tact with members, guests and internal departments.