Licensed Vocational Nurse (L.V.N.)- (11-7 Shift)Nursing $30.00 - $31.50
Located at the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Sherman Way in Reseda, Grancell Village is home to over 350 seniors, who are receiving skilled nursing, geriatric psychiatry, and short-term rehabilitation care. It is also the site of the Jewish Home's Brandman Centers for Senior Care.
The L.V.N. Charge Nurse’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Complete and file required record keeping forms/charts upon the resident’s admission, transfer, and /or discharge.
- Chart nurses’ notes and care plans in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Medication administration pass is completed and documented timely, accurately and in accordance with established policies.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Flexible to work any shift
Experience and Skills:
- Licensed as VN through California Board of Vocational Nursing.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a rehab setting.
- Strong clinical and documentation skills.
- Strong communication, supervision skills and a team player.