Level of Care, RNBrandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC) $44 - $48
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Level of Care R.N.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Conducts initial home visits to carry out nursing evaluation for Level of Care assessment.
• Completes initial and annual Level of Care assessments and sends to the State for approval; handles corrections and updates, as needed.
• Coordinates with the Home Care Coordinator to support participant care at home.
• Remains attentive to participants’ health status and social functioning; assists with identification of overt problems/needs and sets priorities; treats problems requiring immediate referral and/or follow-up; and interprets and records latest diagnostic results, as indicated.
• Attends Interdisciplinary Team meetings and other meetings as assigned by the RN Clinic Supervisor.
• In coordination with the Interdisciplinary Team and as assigned by the Clinic Supervisor RN, helps develop a Plan of Care based on nursing process that incorporates immediate and continuing care needs and includes the participant and family perspective.
• Provides care that conforms to accepted practice standards and age-related characteristics and needs of participants, as assigned by the Clinic Supervisor RN.
• Provides direct care as assigned by the Clinic Supervisor RN, including, but not limited to: wound care, IV therapy, blood sugar checks, IM injections, vital sign checks and/or follow-up on an episodic problem previously identified by the Primary Care Physician, such as Congestive Heart Failure, chest pain, dehydration, edema, urinary tract infection or other health problems.
• Records participant assessments, reassessments and care delivered in the medical record.
• Consults with and educates the participant, family members and/or caregiver regarding the disease process, self-care techniques, prevention strategies and medical interventions, as indicated.
• Provides the Primary Care Physician with a summary of health findings and any changes in a participant’s health condition.
• Ensures that all tests, lab work and diagnostic studies ordered by the Primary Care Physician have been carried out, as assigned by the RN Clinic Supervisor.
• Coordinates all medication for BCSC, including the stocking of non-prescription medications, the ordering of prescription medications, the administering of medication in the PACE Center, and the monitoring of participant compliance. Arranges for delivery of needed medications and supplies to the participant’s home.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
• Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BS in Nursing preferred.
• Currently licensed by the California Board of Registered Nursing. TB Screening and successful completion of a health examination by a health care provider is required for employment. Must have a valid California' driver's license.
• At least two (2) years as an RN, preferably in home or community health care; at least one (1) year experience with the frail and elderly.
• Three (3) years nursing experience with at least one (1) year experience working with frail or elderly population.
• One (1) supervising in an outpatient clinic setting.
• Nursing knowledge and skills necessary to treat participants and manage complex clinical situations.
• Ability to work independently and within an Interdisciplinary Team.
• Good organizational and supervisory skills. Ability to handle complex interpersonal and clinical situations.