Human Resources RepresentativeHuman Resources
Los Angeles Jewish Health
Established in 1912 as a haven for elderly immigrants, the Los Angeles Jewish Health has grown to become a leading provider leader of senior care in Los Angeles. Today, Los Angeles Jewish Health serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services.
The Human Resources Representative’s responsibilities and duties are but not limited to:
* Be one of three key contact people for the staff of the Grancell Village campus.
* Must be able to work independently with little oversight and direction in a busy environment.
* Will handle some processing of payroll paperwork. Handle wage and hour questions/issues with employees as necessary.
* Conduct exit paperwork.
* Interpret HR policies and procedures that align with and support our organization’s culture.
* Manage performance evaluations and communication with department managers for timely completion.
* Daily employee inquiries and employee interaction.
* Conduct pre-employment processing for new hires.
* Special events including employee activities, recognition, etc.
* Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
* Qualified human resources professional with at least 3-5 years experience. Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
* Associate's Degree preferred but not required.
* Knowledge of human resources laws and practices.
* Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
* Team player.
* Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and handle sensitive data.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, verbal and written in English.
* Proficient in computers with the ability to handle different tasks and situations at the same time.
* Able to work independently and in a group setting.
This position is a keypoint person for the diverse and varied staff members. The HR Department works hard to work collaboratively with employees. The position reports to the human resources manager. This is a team oriented position as part of an HR team working toward embodying the organization’s mission and values.
Occasionally works evening, early mornings and/or weekends.