Human Resources Representative
Human Resources RepresentativeHuman Resources $22.00 - $25.00
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Human Resources Representative’s responsibilities and duties are but not limited to:
- Be one of three key contact people for the staff of the Grancell Village campus.
- Must be able to work independently with little oversight and direction in a busy environment.
- Will handle some processing of payroll paperwork. Handle wage and hour questions/issues with employees as necessary.
- Conduct exit paperwork.
- Interpret HR policies and procedures that align with and support our organization’s culture.
- Manage performance evaluations and communication with department managers for timely completion.
- Daily employee inquiries and employee interaction.
- Conduct pre-employment processing for new hires.
- Special events including employee activities, recognition, etc.
- Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
- Qualified human resources professional with at least 3-5 years experience. Knowledge of healthcare industry preferred.
- Associate's Degree preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of human resources laws and practices.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Team player.
- Must maintain a strict level of confidentiality and handle sensitive data.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Proficient in computers with the ability to handle different tasks and situations at the same time.
- Able to work independently and in a group setting.
This position is a keypoint person for the diverse and varied staff members. The HR Department works hard to work collaboratively with employees. The position reports to the human resources manager and also takes direction from the senior HR representative(s). This is a team oriented position as part of an HR team working toward embodying the organization’s mission and values.
Occasionally works evening, early mornings and/or weekends.