Housekeeping Supervisor - Full TimeHousekeeping
Located at the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Sherman Way in Reseda, Grancell Village is home to over 350 seniors, who are receiving skilled nursing, geriatric psychiatry, and short-term rehabilitation care. It is also the site of the Jewish Home's Brandman Centers for Senior Care. Eisenberg Village is located at the intersection of Victory Boulevard and Wilbur in Reseda, it is home of more than 430 skilled nursing and assisted living residents.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
- Assume the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability of supervising the housekeeping department.
- Supervise the day-to-day housekeeping functions of assigned personnel.
- Assist the Director in setting housekeeping standards.
- Assist in developing procedures for performing daily housekeeping tasks.
- Assist the Director in standardizing the methods in which work is accomplished.
- Assist the Director in scheduling work assignments, preparing cleaning schedules, etc. Revise as necessary.
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing service when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the Director on the shift in which they occurred.
- Perform administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports, etc.) and submit to the Director as necessary.
- Completes Kronos report each pay period. Checks employee’s worked hours.
- 3 year(s) experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital or other related medical facility.
- Training in environmental control practices and procedures preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of housekeeping practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing housekeeping functions in the long-term care facility.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Housekeeping Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., the appearance of housekeeping areas, and must perform regular inspections of resident rooms/units for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level at which they are currently functioning.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing housekeeping practices.
- Must have the ability to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.