Housekeeper at Fountainview at Gonda Westside Fulltime
Housekeeper at Fountainview at Gonda Westside FulltimeHousekeeping
Fountainview at Gonda Westside is hiring a Housekeeper for a luxury 199 unit senior living CCRC in Playa Vista, CA.
The Housekeeper’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Respond promptly to requests from our members and other departments.
- Fill housekeeping cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Vacuum carpets in Common areas and members hallways.
- Identify stained or damaged carpet and determine status for repair or shampoo and have reviewed by manager.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs.
- Remove debris from resident’s floors, elevator landings and any other common area.
- Replenish chemicals throughout the work shift.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards.
- Maximize efficiency and conservation of water and chemicals by ensuring each bottle or bucket filled is not damaged.
- Monitor the working condition and cleanliness of laundry/dry cleaning machinery and equipment.
- Transport trash from common areas to trash/recycling areas.
- Replenish any supplies need to be placed in storage closets.
- Return cart to designated area at the end of shift.
- Clean and organize items stored in supply/storage closets, and/or uniform room.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Cleaning Residents rooms, clean public and employee restrooms and showers.
- Clean glass in public and employee areas.
- Clean floor surfaces in public and employee areas using designated chemicals, supplies and equipment. Clean and maintain pool, patio, fitness, and front drive areas.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays/urns in public areas.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages.
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of loading dock areas including trash area.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and power wash floors inside/outside area as needed or assigned by management.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in or opening a hotel or senior living community preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of composure and tact with members, guests and internal departments.
- Ability to communicate information verbally, via email and or voicemail within the organization and the community members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work weekends.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Must have high level of customer service skills.