Housekeeper - Full TimeHousekeeping - Fountainview at Gonda Westside 17.50 - $18.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Housekeeper’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Respond promptly to requests from our members and other departments.
- Fill housekeeping cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Vacuum carpets in Common areas and members hallways.
- Identify stained or damaged carpet and determine status for repair or shampoo and have reviewed by manager.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs.
- Remove debris from resident’s floors, elevator landings and any other common area.
- Replenish chemicals throughout the work shift.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards.
- Maximize efficiency and conservation of water and chemicals by ensuring each bottle or bucket filled is not damaged.
- Monitor the working condition and cleanliness of laundry/dry cleaning machinery and equipment.
- Transport trash from common areas to trash/recycling areas.
- Replenish any supplies need to be placed in storage closets.
- Return cart to designated area at the end of shift.
- Clean and organize items stored in supply/storage closets, and/or uniform room.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Cleaning Residents rooms, clean public and employee restrooms and showers.
- Clean glass in public and employee areas.
- Clean floor surfaces in public and employee areas using designated chemicals, supplies and equipment. Clean and maintain pool, patio, fitness, and front drive areas.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays/urns in public areas.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages.
- Clean and maintain lights.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of loading dock areas including trash area.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, and power wash floors inside/outside area as needed or assigned by management.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in or opening a hotel or senior living community preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of composure and tact with members, guests and internal departments.
- Ability to communicate information verbally, via email and or voicemail within the organization and the community members.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work weekends.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Must have high level of customer service skills.