Host - Full TimeDietary - Fountainview at Gonda Westside $17.00 - $18.00
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Host’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Good understanding of technology (iPad for taking orders).
- Must have high level of customer service skills.
- Dining room, bar & room service personnel.
- Good listening, critical and analytical skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance at all times.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Experience and Skills:
- Experience working in a senior living community, hotel, and or high end restaurant is preferred.
- Kosher knowledge is preferred, but not required
- High school diploma or equivalent and or 2 to 5 years’ restaurant experience.
- Ability to coordinate multiple details and provide appropriate, accurate information.
- Ability to work with members, family members, and staff members.
- Ability to operate a POS and iPad.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work weekends.