Hospice Sales & Marketing LiaisonSkirball Hospice
Skirball Hospice & Palliative Care is an established hospice agency located in the San Fernando Valley that provides hospice & palliative care services throughout Los Angeles county. We are seeking a professional hospice sales & marketing liaison to join our team and help us grow. This role is responsible for promoting and marketing hospice/palliative care services and expertise to the medical community. This is an outside sales position requiring the individual to regularly work in the field, promoting, encouraging and establishing utilization of hospice and palliative care services.
The ideal candidate will be driven, sociable, professional, organized, intelligent, and well spoken. They should have strong existing relationships and contacts within the healthcare community and with hospice referral sources. These referral sources should include hospital case managers, discharge planners, physicians, skilled nursing facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, etc.
If you are passionate, responsible, diligent, persistent, professional and able to explain the value of hospice and palliative care services, apply today!
- Minimum of three years’ experience, including two years in hospice sales and marketing
- Valid California driver's license with good driving record
- TB, COVID-19 and health screening required
EXPERIENCE AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Solid track record of consistently exceeding sales goals.
- Strong marketing background in the areas of advertising, community relations, special events and networking.
- Exceptional oral communication and presentation skills, with the proven ability to effectively communicate the company's vision, competitive advantage and strategies.
- Experience using competitive analysis tools, including understanding what the data means and turning the information into productive action plans and solutions.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the current healthcare environment, including payer sources
- Strong knowledge of hospice eligibility requirements as well as federal, state, local and regulations as applicable to hospice & palliative care.
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate business by creating new and maintaining existing relationships with physicians and other medical professionals, community and senior organizations, hospitals, appropriate special interest groups, discharge planners, nursing home professionals, assisted living facilities, and other potential referral sources.
- Work to build the brand of Skirball Hospice as the preferred hospice provider in our service area to achieve and exceed agency goals for growth and census management.
- Monitor market competition, market conditions, and competitive services in marketing area.
- Conduct outside sales calls to potential and existing referral sources on behalf of Skirball Hospice, meeting sales quota and conversion ratio requirements.
- Generate qualified, professional referrals that contribute to the census development.
- Promote and position Skirball’s programs and services to medical professionals and other decision makers and influencers within the community through regular visits in a manner that illustrates and reflects Skirball’s quality of care and value.
- Create & maintain effective marketing content including oral, print and digital marketing (e.g., presentations, brochures, website, social media) in collaboration with the LAJHealth communication team.
- Coordinate special events for Skirball Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with referral sources, payor sources, facility staff and affiliates, patients and their caregivers.
- Generate reports and present data to the senior leadership team on the success of strategic marketing plans, innovative programs and opportunities for program development.
- Safeguard privacy and confidentiality for all prospective and admitted patients.
- Complies with all policy and procedures of Skirball Hospice & LAJHealth.