Hospice Registered Nurse - Per DiemSkirball Hospice $45.00 - $50.00
Skirball Hospice provides compassionate care, enabling individuals and families to overcome fear and discomfort to cope with loss and embrace the experience and value of each and every day of life. Hospice care recognizes the needs of patients who choose to remain where they live, outside of the hospital so they can be surrounded by loved ones when hospitalization is no longer expected to cure their illness. Skirball Hospice provides the support that allows that patient to spend the last stages of life in a loving environment, comforted by friends and family, and free from discomfort.
We value our employees! We offer long-term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement.
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The RN’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- IV, stoma, catheter and wound care skills.
- G-Tube skills and Prach care.
- Strong documentation ability is a must.
- Able and willing to drive.
Experience and Skills:
- Current RN License within the State of California.
- 2 years of minimal experience including IV and wound care.
- Previous Hospice experience preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing. BSN preferred.
- Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing is desired.
- Bilingual in the following languages a plus: English/Spanish, English/Farsi, English/Koren, English/Chinese, and English/Armenian