Hospice Clinical Supervisor (R.N.)Nursing $110,000.00 - $114,000.00
Skirball Hospice & Palliative Care is an established hospice agency located in the San Fernando Valley that provides hospice & palliative care services throughout Los Angeles County. We are seeking a professional hospice Clinical Supervisor to join our team. This role is responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the hospice care teams for which he/she is responsible and serves as a conduit between the Director of Patient Care Services, clinical staff, patients, families, and the community. This role also contributes to the development and implementation of policies and procedures, program development, and the education program. The position reports to the Director of Patient Care Services.
The ideal candidate will be professional, compassionate, organized, knowledgeable, and well spoken. They should have strong hospice clinical skills, effective communication skills and demonstrate exceptional ability in training staff and providing education to patients and caregivers.
If you are a compassionate, responsible and diligent professional, apply today!
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Clinical Supervisor’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the delivery of patient care under the hospice's Medicare benefit and ensures continuity of care for those patients on his/her team.
- Collaborates with hospice team members, including RN Case Managers and Physicians, to coordinate the delivery of patient care.
- Supports discussion of hospice IDT conferences assisting team to discuss and implement plans of care and updates according to regulatory requirements and standards of practice
- Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services, determines the hiring, retention, discipline, counseling or termination of the hospice's team clinical employees.
- Serves as a resource and support system to staff in problem solving and determining appropriate interventions.
- Oversees requirements and standards are maintained by all team members (including productivity standards).
- Oversees that clinical documentation is completed in an accurate, timely and legible manner.
- Participates in the agency’s QAPI program and/or in response to concerns related to the patient/patient care.
- Assist the Director of Patient Care Services in program planning and development.
- Conducts orientation, competency evaluations, 90 day and annual review of all team members.
- Investigates problems and take corrective action
- Contributes to the development and delivery of in-services, staff meetings and case conferences.
- Assists in identifying educational opportunities and developing training tools for staff members.
- Reads, interprets and enforces hospice policies and procedures.
- Enforces compliance with local, State and Federal laws and regulations
EXPERIENCE AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Robust knowledge and understanding of the clinical delivery of hospice care services
- Strong knowledge of hospice eligibility requirements as well as federal, state, local and regulations as applicable to hospice & palliative care.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills, with the proven ability to effectively communicate with patients and caregivers, hospice team members, business associates, and prospective referral sources.
- Proven experience in managing a clinical team
- Comprehensive working knowledge of various computer software systems and EMRs
- Comprehensive working knowledge of the current healthcare environment
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
- Possesses cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Current CA RN License.
- BSN or MSN preferred but not required
- Minimum of three years’ experience in hospice, with one year’s supervisory experience
- Valid California driver's license with good driving record and auto insurance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- TB, COVID-19 and health screening required