Financial Aid CoordinatorAnnenberg School of Nursing
The Annenberg School of Nursing (ASN) is a center of learning providing a path with purpose. We prepare vocational nursing (VN) students for the state licensing exam, the NCLEX-PN®, and nurse assistant (NA) students to earn certification through the California Department of Public Health (CDPH).
The Financial Aid Coordinator is responsible for managing the process of awarding and packaging financial aid, including Title IV Federal Student Aid, for the Vocational Nurse Program Students. The Coordinator must be knowledgeable regarding Federal, State, and institutional rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to student financial aid. The Coordinator is responsible for reviewing FAFSA applications, determining eligibility, and managing and packaging student financial aid, including Federal Student Aid, ASN scholarships, and tuition loans.
The Financial Aid Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are but not limited to:
- Conduct the activities of the Financial Aid Office in coordination with the Director and Student Services Coordinator.
- Primarily responsible for coordinating with the third-party servicer for reviewing FAFSAs, determining aid eligibility, administering Pell grant and Direct Loan offers, providing information needed to complete verification processing, updating of NSLDS data.
- Complete packaging of financial aid for each student, to include any applicable scholarships, Los Angeles Jewish Health tuition loans, private loans, and cash payments if needed.
- Prepare and distribute student offer letters and obtain written approval.
- Develop and maintain individual student financial aid files.
- Coordinating with Fiscal Services to complete download of Title IV funds and return of funds as needed.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of Pell Grant and Direct Loan accounts.
- Counsel students as needed on financial aid package, payments required, and student loan entrance and exit counseling requirements.
- Provide student financial aid information to prospective students.
- Assist with annual audit and annual security report as needed.
- Complete in-services and Federal Student Aid updates as required.
- Attend ASN staff meetings as required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
- Previous financial aid experience preferred, not required. Will train.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to interact professionally with a diverse population of students, staff, and faculty
- Ability to remain focused and adapt quickly in fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, commitment to quality
- Ability to effectively organize work and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills