Executive Chef at Fountainview at Gonda WestsideDietary
Executive Chef at Fountainview at Gonda Westside
Established in 1912 as a haven for elderly immigrants, the Los Angeles Jewish Health has grown to become a leading provider leader of senior care in Los Angeles. Today, LAJHealth serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Education and Experience
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association. (preferred, but not necessary.)
- As a minimum, 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, residential senior care facility, or other related medical facility, preferred. Alternatively, 3 years’ supervisory experience in hotel, restaurant, private club, or similar hospitality.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, menu development, and in-person dining services.
- Be registered as a Food Service Director in this state. (preferred, but not necessary.)
- Possess a working knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern assisted living or senior care operational standards or be willing to learn those guidelines
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years’ high volume cooking experience
- Basic knowledge of kosher food preparation and service principles (kashrut) and a willingness to development a stronger foundation in this area.
The Chef/Director will be responsible for menu development, preparation and service of resident meals and overseeing all food production of catering and banquets in an appetizing, nutritious and timely manner.
The Chef ensures the highest quality food production consistent with LAJHealth established standards.
Leads and motivates on-site dining services staff and supervisors to prepare quality food for 175 Assisted Living/Independent, and 24 Memory Care seniors in residence while assuring food and beverage services are cost efficient.
Provide guidance and motivation to cooks, dishwashers, and other back of the house staff and supervisors.
Plan, supervise and coordinate the staff to assure satisfactory, nutritious and appealing meals are served within budgeted costs; demonstrate effective management and expertise to achieve stated objectives in food costs, resident service and satisfaction.
Coordinate menu planning and food purchasing in cooperation with Purchasing Director and campus Food Services Director. Educate, train and coach the cooks and dietary service staff to achieve stated objectives.
Partners with the Activities Department to develop events where food and or beverages are provided.
Reports to the facility’s Executive Director.