Executive ChefDietary $85k - $95K
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
Education and Experience
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association. (preferred, but not necessary.)
- As a minimum, 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, skilled nursing care facility, residential senior care facility, or other related medical facility, preferred. Alternatively, 3 years’ supervisory experience in hotel, restaurant, private club, or similar hospitality.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, menu development, and in-person dining services.
- Be registered as a Food Service Director in this state. (preferred, but not necessary.)
- Possess a working knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern assisted living or senior care operational standards or be willing to learn those guidelines
- Must have, as a minimum, 3 years’ high volume cooking experience
- Basic knowledge of kosher food preparation and service principles (kashrut) and a willingness to development a stronger foundation in this area.
The Chef/Director will be responsible for menu development, preparation and service of resident meals and overseeing all food production of catering and banquets in an appetizing, nutritious and timely manner.
The Chef ensures the highest quality food production consistent with LAJHealth established standards.
Leads and motivates on-site dining services staff and supervisors to prepare quality food for 175 Assisted Living/Independent, and 24 Memory Care seniors in residence while assuring food and beverage services are cost efficient.
Provide guidance and motivation to cooks, dishwashers, and other back of the house staff and supervisors.
Plan, supervise and coordinate the staff to assure satisfactory, nutritious and appealing meals are served within budgeted costs; demonstrate effective management and expertise to achieve stated objectives in food costs, resident service and satisfaction.
Coordinate menu planning and food purchasing in cooperation with Purchasing Director and campus Food Services Director. Educate, train and coach the cooks and dietary service staff to achieve stated objectives.
Partners with the Activities Department to develop events where food and or beverages are provided.
Reports to the facility’s Executive Director.