Philanthropy Coordinator - The GuardiansFund Development $45,000 - $50,000
With more than 100 years of trusted care for seniors, Los Angeles Jewish Health provides a broad spectrum of best-in-class senior healthcare services while delivering excellence in senior care for all, rooted in Jewish values.
As the largest single-source senior housing provider in Los Angeles, our San Fernando Valley and Playa Vista campuses are home to more than 1,000 women and men. We serve more than 4,000 seniors through our comprehensive healthcare programs and provide independent living options for those who want the reassurance that help is there if they need it- from adult day care activities to residential living to short-term or long-term care.
Since 1938, The Guardians have been committed to supporting the seniors cared for by Los Angeles Jewish Health. We are currently seeking a Development Coordinator to join our team and further The Guardians' mission. Come be part of a dynamic organization and work on fundraising, networking and social events alongside our dedicated group of philanthropists, as we support members of the Los Angeles Community served by Los Angeles Jewish Health.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement.
We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Key activities include:
- Handling logistics for a variety of events ranging from Golf Tournament, Poker Tournament, Special events and programs, including some donor recognition and stewardship events and programs, including events and mixers for Young Men's and Women's divisions.
- Assists with staffing and working with The Guardians board and committees.
- Staff support for special events and programs. Key activities include assisting with overall event logistics, identifying and scheduling speakers; assisting with developing materials to market and promote events; providing general clerical support and managing attendance and participation.
- Responsible for planning and implementing programs and meetings for The Guardians, donors and community, including meetings for the Young Women's and Men's Divisions.
- Assisting with meeting preparation and follow-up. Handling logistics for meetings, including The Guardian's Young Men's/Women's Divisions, Committee meetings, Board meetings and other meetings.
- Managing donor listings and donor information in Raiser's Edge. Processing donor gifts and event payments in Raiser's Edge.
- Communicating with donors and Guardian members, including Board members; and general office management.
- Processing stewardship and acknowledgement letters; preparing and sending personalized correspondence, handling tribute donations and cards.
- Coordinating campus tours and other events at Los Angeles Jewish Health's campuses in Reseda and Playa Vista.
- Provide administrative support to The Director of The Guardians; and other administrative support, as needed.
- Integral role as part of Los Angeles Jewish Health's Philanthropy team, participate in team meetings, assist as needed with Los Angeles Jewish Health fundraising events and programs.
- Other projects, as assigned.
Skills Experience Required/Preferred:
1. Excellent communication and organizational skills.
2. Creative self-starter with background in non-profit work preferred.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
4. Knowledge of donor database management software preferred.
5. Graphics or Photoshop knowledge preferred.
6. Web/social Medial Skills preferred.
7. College degree required.