Social Services DesigneeAdministration $19.50 - $21.00
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
As the Customer Service Coordinator, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
The Customer Service Coordinator’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide assistance to the Administrator and/or the Director of Health Services in special assigned projects.
- Act as directed by the Administrator and/or the Director of Health Services in providing support and communication between the Administrators Office, other departments, families, and residents within the facility.
- Perform general secretarial and administrative duties as required or directed by the Administrator and/or Director of Health Services in support of the administrative functions of all departments within the facility.
- Accept and perform temporary or long-term assignments to various departments within the facility as required by the Administrator and/or Director of Health Services.
- Assist the Administrator and/or Director of Health Services in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the facility, its programs and activities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of our written policies and procedures that govern the operation of the facility.
- Assist team leaders in the development and use of written departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist in establishing written policies that govern the residents right to quality of life and care.
- Review the facilities policies and procedures periodically and make recommendations to the Administrator and/or Director of Health Services to ensure continued compliance with current regulations (e.g., ADA, ergonomics, air quality, etc.).
- Interpret the facilities policies and procedures to employees, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, etc., as necessary or instructed.
- Ensure all employees, residents, visitors, and the general public follow the facilities established policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Consult with team leaders concerning the operation of their departments to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improvement of services. Report such findings/solutions to the Administrator.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents.
- Ensure public information (policy manuals, etc.) describing the services provided in the facility is accurate and fully descriptive.
- Assist in setting the tone and atmosphere of the facility.
- Coordinate the facilities services and activities with team leaders as necessary.
- Maintain files for the Administrator.
- Assist in preparing a plan of correction for deficiencies noted during survey inspections and provide a copy of such plan to the Director of Health Services and/or Administrator for his/her approval.
- Coordinate all regulation mandated meeting and maintain sign in sheets, agendas and minutes of meetings.
- Assist with maintaining an updated issue and concern process – log in forms, distribute copier, ensure timely response from investigation.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a high school education. College and/or secretarial training program is desirable.
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years of clerical/secretarial experience. Ability to type and use general office equipment is required. Computer skills required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of the rules and regulations that govern long-term care operational standards.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, visitors and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of medical terminology, laws, and regulations as they pertain to long‑term care.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
- Be knowledgeable in computers, data input and output.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.