Cook at Fountainview at Gonda WestsideDietary - Fountainview at Gonda Westside $19.50 - $20.50
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Cook's responsibilities are but not limited to:
- We are seeking professionals who have a passion for food and an eye for quality, execution, and speed. Cleanliness is a must.
- All shifts including breakfast, lunch and dinner are available. Restaurant is open 7 days a week 7am until 8pm.
- Must have good knife skills and be able to work on your feet.
- Each cook is responsible for working quickly and efficiently to support the team and ensure that the chef's standards are maintained.
- Passion for food and cooking food for others.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently without compromising quality.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions in English.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers verbally.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Experience in opening a senior living community, hotel, and or high-end restaurant is preferred.
- Kosher knowledge is preferred
- 1-2 year experience is preferred but not required.
- Must possess a high school education.
- Must possess food handler’s card.
- Must have, as a minimum, 5 years high volume cooking experience.
- Ability to work weekends.