CookDietary $20 - $21
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
Candidates should be aware that Los Angeles Jewish Health (LAJH) currently maintains a policy requiring employees to be fully vaccinated. New LAJH employees should be fully vaccinated (i.e., two weeks after last dose) by their start date. LAJH is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
The Cook’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
• Review menus prior to preparation of food.
• Inspect special diet trays to assure the correct diet is served to the resident.
• Ensure all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure meals are prepared on time.
• Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
• Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
• Cooks/prepares meals as necessary.
• Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes and special diet orders.
• Demonstrate knowledge of kosher dietary laws.
• Other duties as required.
Experience and Skills
• At least 1 year experience as a lead cook in a fast pace restaurant.
• Excellent communication skills and be costumer service oriented.
• Must have great knife skills.
• Serve Safe Certificate preferred.
• Good knowledge of reading, writing and communicating in English.