Certified Nurse Assistant/Restorative Nurse Assistant (C.N.A./R.N.A.) Full Time (7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am SHIFTS)Nursing
Established in 1912 as a haven for elderly immigrants, the Los Angeles Jewish Home has grown to become a leading provider leader of senior care in Los Angeles. Today, the Jewish Home serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services.
Eisenberg Village and Grancell Village
Located in Reseda, these campuses are home to more than 800 skilled nursing, and assisted living residents, as well as short term rehab patients.
The C.N.A.'s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisor.
- Assist residents with all applicable ADL’s: lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into, out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc. bowel and bladder functions, showers, and baths as assigned, daily indwelling catheter care. Assist with the application of slings, elastic bandages, blinders, etc. as instructed by charge nurse. Give tepid sponge bath. Assists with feeding as indicated.
- Assist residents in preparing for medical test activities and social programs.
- Assists in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc., as necessary.
- Observe and report the following: presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores), all injuries including those of an unknown source, including skin tears. Inform the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any changes in the resident's / patient’s condition.
- Record all required entries in a timely fashion on flow sheets, such as meal percentages, BM, etc. using only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
Experience and Skills:
- Must have current CNA certification by the State of California.
- Skilled Nursing Facility experience and with residents suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia, a plus.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.