Certified Nurse Assistant/Restorative Nurse Assistant (C.N.A./R.N.A.) - (3-11 Shift)Nursing
Located at the intersection of Tampa Avenue and Sherman Way in Reseda, Grancell Village is home to over 350 seniors, who are receiving skilled nursing, geriatric psychiatry, and short-term rehabilitation care. It is also the site of the Jewish Home's Brandman Centers for Senior Care.
Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Medical Center
The Jewish Home's state-of-the-art skilled nursing center has up to 239 residents. Situated within JEKMC are the Home's Brandman Research Institute and Auerbach Geriatric Psychiatry Unit.
The C.N.A./R.N.A.’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Assist resident in ambulatory training.
- Participates in feeding program: structures and techniques.
- Participates in ADL program.
- Demonstrates skill and tact with resident interaction/communication.
- Review care plan to ensure you are providing appropriate restorative nursing care.
- Observe and report the following: presence of pressure areas and skin breakdowns to prevent decubitus ulcers (bedsores), all injuries including those of an unknown source, including skin tears. Inform the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse of any changes in the resident's / patient’s condition.
- Watch for and report any change in room temperature, ventilation, lighting, etc. Ensure the resident's room is ready for receiving the resident (i.e., bed made, name tags up, admission kit available, etc.).
- Record all required entries in a timely fashion on flow sheets, such as meal %’s, BM , etc. using only authorized abbreviations established by this facility when recording information.
- Inventory and mark the resident's personal possessions as instructed.
- Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care (i.e., brushing teeth/dentures, oral hygiene, special mouth care, etc.).
- Assist residents with bath functions (i.e., bed bath, tub or shower bath, etc.) as directed.
- Assist residents with hair care (i.e., combing, brushing, shampooing, etc.), nail care (i.e., clipping, trimming, and cleaning the finger/toe nails). Shave male residents.
- Weigh and measure residents; measure and record temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPR’s), as instructed.
- Participates in and attends the following: fire/safety programs and First Aid/CPR, attends a minimum of 75% of monthly meetings, in-services to maintain current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant (48 hours) every two years.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties. Wear and/or use safety equipment and supplies (e.g., gait belt, mechanical lifts, etc.) when lifting or moving residents. Report all hazardous conditions and equipment to the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse immediately. Demonstrates work practices in keeping with principals of proper body mechanics/ergonomics.
Experience and Skills:
- Must have current CNA certification by the State of California.
- RNA certification required.
- Skilled Nursing Facility experience and with residents suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia, a plus.
- Verification of CPR (BLS) and first aid training.
- Background clearance, TB screening and successful completion of a health examination by a Los Angeles Jewish Health Nurse Practitioner or M.D.