BCSC Marketing DirectorBrandman Centers for Senior Care/ PACE
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care
The Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), provides high-quality, comprehensive healthcare services. We are a program of the Los Angeles Jewish Home, renowned for providing quality care to vulnerable seniors.
We put the well-being of seniors first, promoting independence in the comfort of their own homes, even when their health challenges make them eligible for nursing home care. Services for each individual are based on recommendations and coordination of the Interdisciplinary Team. BCSC offers primary medical care on-site, preventive health services, rehabilitation, and transportation to and from the Center.
Following a thorough assessment, each participant in PACE receives customized care, as recommended by an Interdisciplinary Team very familiar with the individual. When a higher level of care is required, such as home healthcare or nursing home care, the Interdisciplinary Team will approve and arrange for this.
The Marketing Director & Business Development’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Executive Director of Brandman Centers for Senior Care (BCSC), and in conjunction with the Los Angeles Jewish Home (LAJH) Director of Communications, is responsible for coordinating and directing marketing, public relations, outreach, information services, media and special events for BCSC to expand the program's visibility in the designated service area and achieve census goals.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director on Development of new target markets and innovative approaches to existing target markets to build market penetration.
- Build collaborative relationships with area service agencies, including Los Angeles Jewish Health, to facilitate referrals to BCSC.
- Ensure that all marketing, outreach and enrollment activities comply with state and federal regulatory requirements. Understand the PACE funding sources and processing dates.
- Orient, supervise and evaluate the performance of the Community Education Specialists, Enrollment Representative and Marketing and Enrollment Coordinator. Direct the enrollment process and work closely with the Center Manager, Clinic Nurse Supervisor, Interdisciplinary
- Prepare a BCSC marketing operating budget for approval by the BCSC Executive Director and allocate the resources to carry out programs and activities of BCSC.
- Coordinate with Los Angeles Jewish Health Director of Communications to plan and implement BCSC image and awareness advertising campaigns.
- Ensure that all financial documents for BCSC marketing (purchase orders, check requests, invoices, expense reports, etc.) are completed, submitted and executed in a timely manner, and that all Los Angeles Jewish Health requirements are met with regard to same.
- Ensure that adequate financial records and expense reports for marketing staff are submitted to the BCSC Executive Director as required.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Relations and Communication, Health and Human Services or related field required.
- CDHCS Certification as a marketing representative within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum of five years of experience, including three years in sales-oriented senior health services marketing or public relations. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstration of strong community networking contacts.
- Must possess knowledge of PACE and how PACE fits into the continuum of care and compares to other services/benefits that are available in the community.
- Desktop publishing, word processing and audio-visual (AV) preparation experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current healthcare environment, including managed care. Proficiency in market analysis. Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity and have strong belief in the BCSC model, mission and philosophy. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent presentation skills for large and small groups. Must have demonstrated ability to deliver service to physicians, the elderly and fellow employees with compassion and in a responsive and courteous manner.