Activities AideActivities $18.00 - $19.00
Established in 1912 as a haven for elderly immigrants, the Los Angeles Jewish Health has grown to become a leading provider leader of senior care in Los Angeles. Today, LAJHealth serves over 1,000 seniors in residence and 3,500 seniors annually through our in-home and community-based services.
We value our employees! We offer long term employment opportunities with job stability, including supporting and encouraging career growth advancement. We offer Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Paid Time Off, 9 Paid Holidays, 403(b) with Matching Retirement Plan, Life insurance (paid by the company) and a team spirit workplace culture!
The Activities Aide’s responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Responsible for planning & providing music activities including sing- a longs, holiday programs & events.
- Assist in organizing the activity programs of this facility.
- Knowledge of Jewish music & traditions is preferred.
- Required to conduct other types of activity groups for long -term nursing residents.
- Make routine visits to residents and perform assistance with crafts, projects, etc., as necessary.
- Assist in scheduling movies, planning parties, and providing games/activities for residents.
- Encourage residents to develop their educational development through reading, etc.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility activities and resident progress are evaluated, by reporting resident behavior.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Conduct individual, and/or group, remotivation and reality orientation sessions to promote the worth, self-esteem and reality level of the residents.
- Follow the care plan in providing daily activities for the resident.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director.
Experience and Skills:
- Must possess a high school education or equivalent.
- Activities/Geriatric experience preferred.
- On-the-job training provided.